Support corporate counsel in a myriad of legal matters with particular emphasis in franchise and business law; as well as compliance. The right candidate must be detail-oriented, organized and able to multi-task, organize and process large volumes of files and documents, have excellent drafting skills, work independently, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic business environment.
- Assist in all franchise-related legal issues, including franchise disclosure documents, franchisee disputes, franchisee defaults and terminations, intellectual property disputes and injunctions, contract reviews and various forms of franchise compliance.
- Draft for counsel’s review various correspondence, letters, memos, agreements and other types of legal documentation to support the franchise systems, including default letters, termination letters, post-termination obligation letters, and releases.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date recordkeeping and tracking systems including electronic files, databases, and reports for all documents generated from counsel.
- Perform various filings for business transactions (e.g., UCC-1).
- Communicate and work with franchisees, attorneys, external contacts, and internal departments to collect and organize information to help counsel on all legal issues.
- Conduct required administrative functions for counsel required to process large volumes of franchise and other legal documents and daily legal correspondence.
- Manage organizational functions of supporting counsel.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date recordkeeping and tracking systems including electronic files, databases, and reports. Maintain “paperless” document management systems, scanning large volumes of documents and uploading within the appropriate electronic file.
- Research and respond to inquiries from company associates, franchisees and others about franchise transactions.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Be a trusted go to person.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Education: Paralegal certificate and/or undergraduate degree not required but preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ business or legal office experience. Preferably with a business transaction attorney.
- Experience within a corporation’s legal department preferred, but not required.
- Excellent verbal, written (emphasis on mastery of drafting day-to-day business correspondence required), analytical, and organizational skills required.
- Excellent mastery of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook required, with working knowledge or desire to learn Power Point. Working knowledge of Serengeti (legal tracker) and PACER preferred but not required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment under pressure while demonstrating the utmost professionalism and a strong customer-focused attitude.
- Ability to think critically and to interpret and apply processes across many different areas.
- Sense of humor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Associate should be able to stand, sit at an office space, see, hear and understand speech, communicate, lift computer equipment, supplies and materials, use office equipment and computers. The Associate is exposed to typical office working conditions. If requested by an applicant or employee, we may provide reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties required of personnel so classified. We have the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Dwyer Group is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal or state law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity